IBeam is an authentication and maintenance tool used for the Interactive Brokers Client Portal Web API Gateway. It is directed at IBKR users.
You can find IBeam on GitHub:
- Facilitates continuous headless run of the Gateway.
- No physical display required – virtual display buffer can be used instead.
- No interaction from the user required – automated injection of IBKR credentials into the authentication page used by the Gateway.
- TLS certificate support – you can provide your own certificates.
- Containerised using Docker – it's a plug and play image, although IBeam can be used as standalone too.
Instead of starting the Gateway manually and authenticating using the webpage, run:
docker run --env IBEAM_ACCOUNT=your_account123 --env IBEAM_PASSWORD=your_password123 -p 5000:5000 voyz/ibeam
That's it, you'll now be able to communicate with the Gateway.
curl -X GET "https://localhost:5000/v1/api/one/user" -k
I’m looking for someone who would like to do some code review on it (it’s relatively small), and there's a few areas of further development that could be addressed, so if you’d feel like helping out – drop me a message.
Hope you guys find it useful 😊
Submitted November 04, 2020 at 02:22PM by VoyZan